The Problem: I have high heel shoes which is more than 3 year-old. The accessories that were attached on it's ribbon had been already worn out and some of them had been lost. So should I throw it away or just let it look like a worn out one like this?
The Solution: DIY shoe flower / ribbon. Yes, one way of revamping your shoes through DIY stuff! Instead of throwing them away or keeping them inside your shoe cabinet, take them out and make them fabulous. How? Keep on reading!
I am not good in giving instructions.
So please pardon me for the poor word usage.
And for the not-so-clear instructions.
Materials you need:
2. Needle and Thread
3. Prepare a chiffon cloth, or silky cloth or something like the orange flower on the above picture.
*I bought mine for 30pesos (not sure thou), I normally put that before on my bag but since I am not using it anymore, I decided to make it more useful.
Here's the instructions, please refer to the pictures below:
1. Tie the cloth on the shoe.
2. Tie it the way you make a ribbon.
3. Once you make a one sided ribbon with your desired size, stitch it. Lock the thread once in awhile to secure the position of the ribbon.
4. Keep on making a random loops by pinching in the cloth or by twisting it. But make it sure to stitch tight on each loops.
5. When done, do the same steps on the other side.
6. And your done!
You now have a fabulous shoes!
|BOTH PAIRS WERE DONE AND REVAMPED!|
|I AM NOT USING THIS PAIR FOR ALMOST 4 MONTHS BUT NOW, I HAVE GOOD REASONS TO WEAR IT EVERY NOW AND THEN!|
|PARANG IT LOOKS LIKE A WEDDING SHOES NO?|
See, sometimes you just have to be creative. No need to spend some bucks and you can even save your favorite pair of shoes!
Just be patient on making loops and by twisting the cloth to came up with your desired design.
How to make ankle straps for your flats.
And there you have it. I hope you enjoyed it and you find this helpful as well!
This is my very first time to make a DIY post. I hope I did justice to my shoes.
I also went to ETC Fashion Flea Market this afternoon at Ronac Art Center to pick up my free bag from Ms.Abby Jocson. Will review it soon!
How bout you guys? Do you have some ideas on how to revamp your old shoes?
Share them through comments!!
Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!